Bed wetting boys and girls have a lot of questions when it comes to their problem of wetting the bed at night. They don’t do it intentionally but it happens due to many reasons. To make your children feel that they are not he only ones who have this problem, parents needs to have answers ready. You can help bedwetting children stop bedwetting in many cases.
The five main questions bedwetting children ask are
- Why do I pee in my bed at night?
Children who wet the bed do not do it on purpose. Some children are very deep sleeper they do not wake up when they need to go to the bathroom. Bedwetting can also happen because the kidneys produce too much urine during sleep or the bladder is unable to hold. Most of the time it is hereditary too. If one of the parent had bedwetting problem then chances for a child to wet the bed is high. They do need a bedwetting alarm that is clinically proven to stop bedwetting in children in few weeks or their parents help who can wake them up at regular intervals so that they can use the bathroom.
- Do other children of my age wet the bed at night?
Bedwetting is very common problem. It is more common then we can imagine. You have to make your child know that over five million children alone in united states wet the bed when they are five years or older. Most of the children overcome the wetting problem as they grow up. Let your child know that he is not alone and he need not to be ashamed. He too can overcome this problem.
- Am I not normal?
When a child is wetting the bed regularly he may feel that: Am I different, or even abnormal? A bed wetting boy or bedwetting girl usually asks this question because they feel different, in a negative sense. Children can lose their confidence and self -esteem and feel lonely. Parents need to make sure that bedwetting problem does not turn into a negative experience and they need to focus on the child’s positive achievements by not punishing them or giving them rewards for every night they get up dry. Parents can take help from their doctor. Bedwetting alarms are proven to help your child with his problem. We carry a large variety of the best bedwetting alarms for all children.
- Is bedwetting common?
For lots of children wetting the bed at night is very normal till certain age. In fact, the parents of many children wetting the bed suffered the same problem when they were children. Taking your doctor’s advice is good to rule out any hidden medical conditions.
- What solutions should be taken to stop bedwetting?
Parent and children can work together to find the bedwetting solution technique that works best for you and your family.
- Make your child drink water mainly during the day and no water intake an hour before sleep.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks, sugar and fruit juices.
- Let your child use the toilet before they go to sleep.
- Wake up your child at night to go to the bathroom if he cannot get there alone.
- Use bedwetting alarm. They are very helpful.
- Use waterproof mattress pads to avoid dirty stains on your bed.
- Check these bedwetting alarms for children, bedwetting alarms for teens and adult bed wetting alarms.