Waterproof Mattress Pads
In this article:
Bedwetting Alarms and Waterproof Mattress Pads
Purchasing a bedwetting alarm is the first step in helping your child stay dry throughout the night. While your child’s brain is still learning to wake up to the bedwetting alarm, use waterproof mattress pads to protect your bed and to reduce the clean up after a bedwetting event. We suggest continuing the treatment, but including a protective waterproof mattress pad to ensure dry beds. Combining both prevention methods will provide security for you and your child in case a bedwetting accident does happen.
Waterproof mattress pads are protective waterproof beddings made of smooth, soft fabric that can be placed on top of the fitted sheets. These overlays basically have two to three layers of protection. The upper layer offers cushioning while the middle and bottom layers absorb the moisture and act as a waterproof barrier.
Most waterproof mattress pads come in small medium and large sizes, and can be easily machine-washed. Four popular varieties include quilted waterproof mattress pads, reversible waterproof mattress pads, bamboo waterproof mattress pads and disposable waterproof mattress pads. Mattress pads come in various sizes. Be sure to compare waterproof mattress pads before purchasing one.
Using a bedwetting alarm and waterproof mattress pad together will save you time and effort. The alarm will gradually train your child to realize the urge of emptying the bladder, but until then the waterproof overlays will come handy to reduce laundry.
- A favorite among families, the Prisma Quilted Reusable Waterproof Mattress Pad is built for providing comfort and convenience for families without the high expense of washable bed pads
- The waterproof mattress pad with large urine absorption capacity comes in a selection of with or without wings (tuck-ins) for individuals who move at night when in bed. Wings secure the protective waterproof bedding to the bed at night
- Lightweight and easily foldable, the waterproof mattress pad can be easily carried by families on vacations and trips. So you can protect your bed from accidental liquid spills, urine and sweat no matter where you are
- Outer layer is soft polyester and the inner layers are made from layers of cotton fibers which can hold up to 6 (Six) cups of liquid which is more than what adult bladders hold and nearly twice the capacity of other washable bed pads
- Machine washable and dryer friendly. Can withstand 300 washes. Ideal for frequent bedwetters making it ideal for daily use
- A unique, reversible bamboo upper and cotton bottom with a waterproof barrier in between! This waterproof mattress pad gives the user maximum comfort and bedwetting protection. Comes in size 40 inches X 28 inches
- Lightweight and compact can be rolled or folded for trips, camps and sleepovers. Will protect your bed from accidental liquid spills, urine and sweat
- Holds more than a bladder of urine. All Prisma washable bed pads can hold up to 6 (Six) cups of urine, twice what an adult bladder can hold for enhanced protection so you don’t have to worry about a stained bed.
- Bamboo fibers provide comfort and softness and are gentle on skin. Colorful cotton side is fun for everyone using it.
- Machine washable up to 300 times and dryer friendly for instant reuse
- Our most unique bedding. The Chummie Prestige Reversible Waterproof Mattress Pad is waterproof, reversible and comes in two popular sizes (36” x 34” and 54” x 36”). Each size has two 18” wings to secure the bed.
- Sandwiched between two compressed cotton layers is a waterproof barrier to protect your bed from urine stains, sweat and accidental spills.
- Light-weight and compact, the washable bed pad can be folded and carried on vacations, camps and sleep-overs.
- Works great for children, teens and adults. Also recommended for those who wet the bed frequently at night.
- This overlay can be machine washed up to 300 times and dries quickly for immediate reuse
- Bright and bold colors make the checkered waterproof mattress pad overlay look fresh and new every night it is used
- Perfect for everyday use to protect mattresses, furniture or to take along on camps and sleepovers
- Base is made from Vinyl knit which can withstand heavy bedwetting accidents, multiple washing and drying cycles and still staying soft, gentle and waterproof
- Durable and comfortable waterproof mattress pad resists staining due to its bright colors
- Come in standard size 34” x 36”; machine washable and dryer friendly
- Revolutionary Silver Touch odor control waterproof mattress pads use EPA registered antimicrobial solution called Silver Clear to reduce odor causing bacteria
- Silver Touch reusable odor control waterproof mattress pads are virtually maintenance free and come with a non-skid waterproof base
- Permanent odor control application on the waterproof mattress pads remains effective for the life of the underpad and will not wash out over time
- Bacteria growth is inhibited within the mattress pad which helps eliminate the source of odor rather than make it
- Ideal for beds, chairs and sofas; comes in standard size measuring 34” x 36”
- Stain control waterproof mattress pads help resist urine, sweat, heavy perspiration stains from accidental spills so you can get a new bed feeling each night
- Soft, durable top layer of the waterproof mattress pad quickly wicks in fluid to make you feel dry and comfortable at night
- Breathable Polyurethane layer makes the washable bed pad breathable by allowing moisture vapors to escape; the result is a cooler, drier, comfortable environment for bedwetters and incontinent adults
- Superior bonded bottom layer secures the protective waterproof bedding to the mattress so it won’t move at night as you toss and turn in bed
- Available in 34” x 36” size; stain control waterproof mattress pad is machine washable and dryer friendly
How do Washable Bed Pads Work?
washable bed pads are essential if you have a bedwetting child or adult at home. It not only reduces soiled sheets for you, but also protect your mattress from stain and odors Here are few different types of washable bed pads bedding overlays that you can use.
Washable Bed Pad Overlays
Are placed on top of the fitted sheet and works very well for anyone with incontinence issues. Waterproof bed pad overlays are designed to protect the sheet and works great to protect your bedding from bedwetting accidents. They are equipped with a protective waterproof layer at the bottom that acts as a barrier against any moisture that might seep into the sheets. You could place the waterproof bed pad overlay in the middle or on the side of bed where your bedwetting child is likely to sleep. This kind of waterproof bed pad overlay comes in varying sizes and can be easily machine-washed. Some overlays come with wings, and can be easily tucked underneath the mattress, while others are flat.
Waterproof Bed Pads
Is a well-known protective mattress pad option. It is placed directly on the mattress under the sheets. Waterproof bed pads create a barrier and guard your mattress from any unwanted moisture or excrement.
Vinyl Mattress Covers
Are another form of protective mattress pads. They are relatively inexpensive and can be cleaned easily with a damp cloth. They come in varied styles such as zippered and fitted. Beware of vinyl covers in warm climate as it locks in heats, for warm climate areas try waterproof beddings with polyurethane, as it doesn’t trap body heat.
Types of Protective Waterproof Bedding
Protective waterproof beddings are beneficial because they allow quick clean ups, and are great for protecting the bed sheets from any bedwetting accidents.
The protective waterproof beddings are usually placed on top of the fitted sheet to protect the sheet from any accidents. There are two types of protective waterproof beddings -washable and disposable. Depending on your needs and family dynamics you can choose either of the two types of waterproof overlays.
Washable Protective Waterproof Beddings
Washable protective waterproof beddings are made of soft, quilted fabric that offers layers of protection. These washable waterproof beddings are great for regular use and easily machine-washed, as they don’t consume the whole load. They come in flat, tuck-in and adhesive style, and are great to contain small to medium accidents.
There are many brands out there selling protective waterproof beddings that come in come in small, medium and large sizes. However, when choosing a protective waterproof beddings for your bed remember to gauge its absorbency, check for number of layers and the material.
Disposable Protective Waterproof Beddings
Disposable protective waterproof beddings are great for use-and-throw purposes such as in hospitals or for traveling, or when staying at a hotel or at a relative’s house. Since these can be discarded easily they are excellent for protecting the sheets from stains and any kind of moisture.
Disposable protective waterproof beddings may come handy even at home, particularly when you have a house guest and have no time for laundry.
Why Do You Need Waterproof Mattress Overlays?
Here are a few quick tips on how protective waterproof mattress overlays can help:
- Saves you loads of time and effort doing laundry. You just replace the waterproof mattress overlay pad instead of the whole bedding.
- Protects the mattress. Being absorbent the waterproof mattress overlays can defend the mattress from any urine leaks or sweat stains or other liquid spills.
- Helps you deal with the bedwetting mess. Some waterproof mattress overlays are reusable and machine washable. In case of bedwetting accident simply remove and toss the overlay into the machine.
- Excellent for protection. Waterproof mattress overlays are designed to protect the sheet and locks in the moisture. The protective waterproof mattress overlay layer acts as barrier against any moisture that might seep into the sheets, when bedwetting occurs.
- Saves you money over bedwetting diapers and briefs.
So, save time and reduce your laundry loads with a waterproof mattress pads.